Specialised services for simulation and prediction of the behavior of the electrical system
What is it?
Ingelectus offers specialised services for simulation and prediction of the behavior of the electrical system, having experience in Spain and Mexico with the NTS (Normativa Técnica de Supervisión) of REE and CENACE in Mexico. In particular, we highlight: Grid integration studies, Modelling and Simulation.
Grid Integration studies simulate, analyze and optimize the behaviour of new elements connected to the electrical network. We use PSSE, DigSilent and EMTP, among other software tools to run the electromechanical simulations. This process has three main objectives:
- Ensuring the compliance of renewable power plants of the Minimum Technical Requirements (MTRs) of the Grid Codes proposed by the Transmission System Operator. (TSO) or Distribution System Operator (DSO). RRE NTS or CENACE grid code.
- Analyzing the impact of new elements on the transmission and distribution networks. Especially in medium and small isolated electrical systems, where the impact of these elements can be quite significant.
- Designing control elements of renewable energy plants such as power plant controllers (PPC).
Electrical devices modelling and simulation is a service that provides software models of actual power electronics based devices and power plant controls. This simulation is carried out by mimicking their behavior in standard electrical systems simulation software, such as PSS / E®, DIgSilent and Matlab / Simulink. With what objective? Thanks to this process we can provide a complete overview of the devices (PV, ESS, STATCOM, among others) and power plant controllers (PPC).
How does the modeling and simulation service work?
- Models match the behaviour of electrical devices or power plant controllers. With this process we can use these models on standard electrical power systems software such as PSS/E® or DIgSilent.
- Simulations in these software platforms with the custom models are the best approach to the actual behaviour during electromechanical events. With these simulations you can analyze and prove the compliance of Grid Code Requirements.
From Ingelectus, the Grid Integration Studies process can help different professional profiles that work with the electricity grid routinely. We detail them below:
|Professional Profile||How can Ingelectus help?|
|Transmission System Operators||We ensure that every MTR, we help you design new MTR according to global agreements and avoid possible integration problems.|
|Plant Promoters||This service allows you to have the necessary knowledge to invest and minimize risks. It also allows you to ensure compliance with the minimum technical requirements imposed by the GRT or the DSO.|
|Plant Owners||We guarantee the correct operation of your plant and help you design a proper power plant controller (PPC).|
|Manufacturer||This service can be a fundamental and differentiating factor to make an offer. It allows you to show up that the devices meet every requirement.|
|Technical Advisors||Grid Integration Studies could help you to make better analysis and therefore decisions on the object itself.|
|Operation and Maintenance||We develop a proper power plant controller (PPC) and improve your knowledge about how the facility works and how it should be managed.|
|SCADA developers||We help you to design a power plant controller (PPC)|
What do we offer exactly?
Ingelectus has worked successfully with leading companies in the sector such as GPTech, Isotrol, Acciona, Prodiel or Voltae.
Among the different event analysis that can provide are:
Steady State Regime
- Reactive power capability.
- Minimum power factor requirements.
- Short-circuit power.
- Voltage ride through (LVRT/OVRT).
- Voltage regulation system (VRS).
- Frequency ride through (FRT).
- Frequency response regulation.
- Ramp rate control.
- TSO curtailment.
- Capacity firming.
- Islanding operation mode.
- Anti-Islanding mode.
And it offers solutions for integrating electrical networks composed, among others, by the following elements:
- Photovoltaic generation power plants.
- Wind farm generation power plants.
- Power converter
- Cogeneration power plants.
- Battery energy storage systems (EMS)
- Battery energy storage systems (BESS)
- Static synchronous compensator (STATCOM).
- Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS
Features and functionalities
Among the different features and functionalities that the models provide are:
Related to electrical devices:
- Thermal operating limits
- Capability limits
- Local frequency control
- Local voltage control
- Q-V droop characteristics
- Battery charging and discharging mode
- Operation modes against events: Voltage Ride Through (LVRT/OVRT) or Frequency Ride Through (FRT)
Related to control systems:
- Active power control of the plant
- Reactive power control of the plant
- Power factor control of the plant
- Active power TSO limits (Curtailment)
- Active power rate limiter
Related to software:
- PSS/E – Siemens
- Digsilent – PowerFactory